When I started scrapbooking over 10 years ago, there was no such thing as digital scrapbooking. Heck, there weren’t even scrapbooking stores! Instead, we either made our own embellishments, or we made do with the limited supplies we could order from QVC. Boy, things have changed!
These days, while many local scrapbook stores are closing, there still are a plethora of stores available from which to buy scrapbook supplies. And even better, there are these new things called digital scrapbooks. By using a variety of software programs you can scrapbook digitally and create virtual scrapbook pages that you can then print on your home printer, or upload to a photo lab to print for you. Digital scrapbooking has opened a whole new realm of possibilities for scrapbookers around the globe. Even if the only thing you can do with your computer is type a letter to your grandma, you can incorporate computer-generated scrapbooking into your favorite hobby. Here are a few of the reasons why you should give digital scrapbooking a try:
- It’s convenient. I actually began working on digi pages when we moved cross-country, and all my scrapbooking supplies were packed in dozens (yeah, dozens!) of moving boxes. Even though my supplies were sealed away, my desire to get my pictures on the page wasn’t. So I decided to give it a try, and I fell in love.
- It’s versatile. Glitter and glam? Leather and lace? Clean and simple? With literally hundreds of places to shop online, you can find something that fits your style, or you can create it yourself.
- It’s inexpensive. The average scrapbook page can run between $3 to $7 when you include photo developing, adhesive, paper, elements, and so on. But most digi scrapping supplies are sold in kits, and are reusable. Got a particular digital paper you love? You can cut it into a million shapes, and you’ll still be able to use it again and again. In addition, Many of the leading digital elements designers and online storefronts offer substantial discounts and freebies to their mailing lists. All you have to do is subscribe!
- It’s fast. Another thing I discovered when I started creating scrapbook pages on my computer was that I was scrapbooking much more quickly, and I’m a pretty fast scrapbooker to begin with! Once I learned the basics of Photoshop Elements, the premiere digital scrapbooking software, I could make a page in just a few minutes. Wow!
- It’s fun. Now, I’m a paper-and-glue kind of girl, but there’s nothing like the feeling of competency I get when I fire up my computer, open Photoshop Elements, and create a page out of a few kajillion pixels and some of my favorite photos. Suddenly, I’m Ninja Scrapbooker!
Convinced that digital scrapbooking is worth a try? For more information on digital scrapbooking freebies, including a a free trial version of Photoshop Elements, visit Lain Ehmann’s blog at http://www.layoutaday.com. Through scrapbooking videos, tutorials, projects and inspiration, Lain helps her readers make their scrapbooking fun, fast and fabulous!
Where can I find a free digital scrapbooking get with a nativity scene, or a religious Christmas theme?
I’m looking for a free digital scrapbooking kit that has a nativity scene, or a more religious Christmas theme. Thanks!
We have a few free christmas kits on my website.
Here is the direct link if that doesn’t work go to www.mycmsite.com/sgreenfield and click on shop products then on digital scrapbooking and then click on digital content downloads!
i hope this helps
Digital Scrapbooking Tutorial – Creating digital paper
[affmage source=”ebay” results=”15″]Digital Scrapbooking[/affmage] [affmage source=”amazon” results=”10″]Digital Scrapbooking[/affmage] [affmage source=”cj” results=”5″]Digital Scrapbooking[/affmage] [affmage source=”clickbank” results=”5″]Digital Scrapbooking[/affmage]