You have no idea how easy it is to make these! Never again will you have to pay a fortune for a bracelet or necklace. Set aside a few hours and create a dozen of these at once! As gifts they are perfect as well.
For the bracelet:
Elastic cord, 8mm
Seed beads, 11/0 any color or mix and match colors
Approximately 115 beads
Large glass specialty beads
Silver Crimp tube-1/8″ long
1 for each bracelet
Needle nose pliers
1. Measure a 15″ piece of elastic cord and cut.
2. Thread the seed beads onto each cord. Create a special design incorporating your larger beads, or use the seed beads only, or better yet; make both!
3. Slide a crimp tube onto one end of each length of elastic.
4. Now with a sailor’s knot; this is left over right, then right over left, tie the ends of each length of elastic together. Trim the ends of the elastic fairly short. Sometimes I’ve melted the tips with a match to insure security. You have to be careful not to burn your fingers or melt your bracelet!
5. Slide the crimp tube over the knot and crimp in place with needle-nose pliers.
For the necklace:
Elastic or non-elastic cord approximately 50 inch, give or take, depending on how long you want your necklace to be
One centerpiece, bead or pendant
Assortment of round beads
Silver Crimp tube 1/8″ long
1 for each necklace
Needle nose pliers
Follow same method as for bracelet. When designing your necklace thread the centerpiece bead or pendant first, into the center of the cord, then thread additional assortment of beads on each side of the center bead until you have reached the desired length. Finish off as for bracelet.
Annette Labedzki received her BFA at the Emily Carr College of Art and Design in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. She has more than 25 years experience. She is the founder and developer of an online art gallery featuring original art from all over the world. It is a great site for art collectors to buy original art. Is is also a venue for artists to display and sell their art . Artists can join for free and their image upload is unlimited. Please visit the website at http://www.labedzki-art.com
Want is a good site for beginner seed beads?
I am trying to learn how to make necklaces with seed beads please help
Here is a good site that allows you to see a tutorial, and gives other links that will also help.
I have found that if there is a Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart in your area, they have a very nice supply of different styles and types of seed beads; and they are helpful as to what goes with them.
Wire Tree with Seed Beads
[affmage source=”ebay” results=”15″]Seed Bead[/affmage] [affmage source=”amazon” results=”10″]Seed Bead[/affmage] [affmage source=”cj” results=”5″]Seed Bead[/affmage] [affmage source=”clickbank” results=”5″]Seed Bead[/affmage]